nothing seems to please
Things That Bug Me on a Site:
- Height and width instead of thumbnails. I promise you, I swear to god I have never left a site because you don't have thumbnails in favor of text descriptions. In fact I like those more when I have time to look through them all cuz most people who do them, and do them well, write some pretty funny stuff. Those who don't, well, they can pay someone to. Kidding!
- A total prima donna attitude and the person isn't kidding. Yesh, it's great you've been around longer than God and Satan, and yesh, your site is cool, and yesh, you do still manage to have a life, but what about a little humility?
- Mean reviewers. I'd been to a few of the review pages and cracked myself up over some of the stuff they'll say, cuz frankly, to be in that part of the web I think you have to have a lot of humor and the knowledge that not everyone can pay out the ass for some cool stuff, so you make do, and still try your best. But there are some freakin' mean reviewers out there, and I don't mean as a whole, I mean as individual reviewers. I guess I could have been in a bad mood but some of them are evil, I wanna run up to them, hug them (cuz they seem like people who hate hugs) and ask them what the HELL they have up their ass.
- Midis.. Augh. Awk, augh.. I used to wonder what people had against them, although I wouldn't use them, and then I realized.. they annoy the crap outta me. If I see a midi on a page I try to stop it. You should see me. I will scream "stop! STOP I SAY! Aww hell, come on, pretty please?" and on irc I will whinge about how much I hate the ones that won't stop.
Things I LIKE:
- An obvious love for the person/people/show/manga/etc that your site is devoted to. I LOVE going to a shrine where this person may not be obsessed but loves the character they're devoting time and space to. I mean, if you love something and your love is evident, then chances are I'm gonna stick around cuz dammit, those sites are rare.
- People who seem approachable and won't bite your head off. You know 'em. They're the ones that encourage you to email them, will email you back, and don't act like just cuz they may or may not have a life they are too good for you. They generally seem to be relatively nice people and are just plain spiffy. You should get awards for your personality. :)
- b&w manga images. They're just spiffy. Well, most of them, but still.. This isn't as general as the other things on here, but oi, who's lookin anywho?
- People who email me and stuff. i like email. i will write back, and i'm always looking for new friends *hint hint, nudge nudge* Of course if you're going for the friend aspect, smak me over the head, or write something long so I can babble back. It'll work. Really.
- People who do their own thing on their webpages. Cookiecutter sites can be boring, and while some of the others may not be as purdy as the cookie cutter sites (who i'm not bashing) they tend to make me stick around cuz dammit, i think they're spiffy.
h o m e